Wednesday, August 27, 2008


I recently came across a pretty enlightening statistic. According to the Barna Research Group, 80% of all those in church today (all churches across the board) began their relationship with God before they turned 18. That is a pretty significant number. It points to why it is so vital for us to have engaging ministries for our children and youth.

Two things popped into my mind and heart as I reflected on this statistic. First, I was overcome with gratitude that I am able to serve in a church that understands the importance of ministry to children and youth and supports it wholeheartedly with their dollars and their time. Second, it ignited a renewed sense of urgency to continue our efforts to reach out to children and youth in our community, many of whom desperately need to hear the Good News that God loves them.

No comments: