Friday, July 31, 2009

The Example

"The saying is sure and worthy of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the foremost. But for that very reason I received mercy, so that in me, as the foremost, Jesus might display the utmost patience, making me an example to those who would come to believe in him for eternal life." Paul to Timothy in 1 Timothy 1:15-16

I am enjoying spending time in Timothy. I haven't read it in a while. It's good advice from a seasoned minister to a newbie. This passage from the first chapter just confirms what God has been communicating to me in so many different ways over the past few weeks. Paul got the whole Christ thing because he had experienced it and, as a result, his goal was to be an example to others of what Jesus Christ can do in a life--an example of Jesus' patience and love.

The Christ-following life is simple but not easy. It's practice is difficult, mainly because we make it difficult. Well, what's this we stuff, I guess. I make it difficult for myself.

Thank you, God, for your patience!

No comments: