Monday, September 17, 2007

That was Emerson's cry this morning. Unfortunately, it is Monday and he is on the way to daycare as I write this. But it made me think about a couple of things.

First, it reminded me yet again of the privilege that I have of being in full-time vocational Christian ministry. I
am
going to church today. I am spending my days fulfilling my vocation--doing precisely what I am called to do.

Second, how wonderful would it be to provide a church experience that people actually
wanted
to be a part of. What if the first thought that arose in one's mind in heart on Sunday morning was "I want to go to church!" or "I get to go to church!" ? How do we, as the church, get there from here?

Sunday morning should be so accessible and so applicable that we could all shout "I want to go to church!"

No comments: